Monday, April 13, 2009

Beginning the Journey

I recently quit my job as a chef to become a fulltime Pro Domme. For the uninitiated a Pro Domme is a Mistress you gets paid to dominate; a dominatrix. The role had always interested me even before I was in the ‘scene’ and discovered my submissive side. I’ve been living BDSM for about two years now and always knew I was a switch, but most of my personal experience has been as a submissive. You can read more about my personal life at my other blog Used and Abused, as I want to keep this blog about my journey as an apprentice Mistress.

I started to think seriously about working as a Domme about four months ago. Two of my friends worked at The House and I drilled them for information as my interest in the role grew. Every time I saw my friend T I would ask questions and express my interest at becoming a Domme, but it was another two months before I took the leap and applied for the job. She told me later that she knew from my first enquiry that I would take the job; it was just a matter of time.

T had explained to me that it might take a while to start earning money, as apprentices can’t really take on sessions on their own until they are properly trained. I came to find out this training is rather thin and haphazard, but I will get into that later. What I could do though was take sessions as a submissive to start earning bucks straight away. Some women who start out have no prior experience or knowledge in BDSM, so I had a slight advantage from my personal life. There was a lot that I already knew that I could draw on. What I also came to learn was that the professional session can be very different from the private.

So I had my interview with the Head Mistress and explained to her my personal experience and history. I told her I hadn’t worked in the sex industry before but had been a submissive and knew a fair bit about BDSM. I had been warned about Mistress A. She had been described to me as very warm, almost motherly, but if you crossed her; watch out. I guess that’s part of being a very experienced Mistress, you need that fire. We got along straight away and I found her pleasant and wise. I have since seen her get pretty fired up and I was glad it wasn’t directed at me. As you can probably guess I got the job. I was able to start straight away which was good because I had already quit my job and didn’t have any money coming in.

At this point I want to mention that I’m not just in it for the money. Anyone that’s only in for that will leave after the first few shifts with no clients. It’s true that I can earn much more money than slogging it out behind the stove, but it’s not guaranteed. Firstly you may sit around for 8 hours not get a single penny. Some weeks can be slow, and others you can rake it in. The other factor is regulars. You need to build up a client base to earn the big bucks and that takes time, and skill.

What I really like about this job is that I can get paid to do something I enjoy and have a great interest in. That has always been important for me. The other part of the job I enjoy is what I call social observation. I have a keen interest in the human mind; what people think and do and why they think and do it. This is especially so with kink and fetish. So a lot of this blog will be dedicated to observing clients particular kinks as well as my own journey.

Well I think that’s enough of an intro, more to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog through.. gosh I can't remember, I started at kaya's blog (under his hand) and followed some links, and here I am. Hi ;). You sound interested and I like your writing style, so I thought I'd let you know you have a reader here! I'm also reading your other blog. I'm looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks. You are the first person to leave a comment and it's great to know someone out there is reading my blog. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete